Want to leave little love notes or treats for your family leading up to Valentines Day? These pocket banners are so easy to make and can be customized for the special people in your life. XO Team Benzie
Skill Level: Beginner
Time: 1 hour
1. Print the Banner and Shapes Patterns above. Decide on your color selection and cut the desired shapes from felt. The freezer paper method is also a great method for transferring the pattern neatly to felt.
2. If you want to personalize the heart pocket with letters, sequins or beads, do so before gluing it to the banner. We used our Stitchable Alphabet Die and some thread to stitch an initial on our pocket.
3. Arrange the felt components on your banner. Apply glue along the edge of the heart along the bottom two-thirds. Leave the top portion unglued/open so it will act as a pocket! Glue on remaining pieces.
4. Trim the dowel to 7". Place though the slits in the banner or glue the top over the dowel to make a flap. Make a hanger from bakers twine.
5. Finally, tuck a little note or treat in the banner. Share an encouraging word or your favorite knock-knock joke! Happy Valentine's Day!