Sometimes quick projects are just the best, right? These spooky spiders and adorable bats are made with a felt pom-and just may give you a chance to try something new too!
Pictured above are all the supplies needed to make both the bat and the spider!
Spooky Spider supplies:
1. Using wire cutters, snip 8 equal 1 1/2” lengths of black wire. Bend them to form the leg into the foot, as pictured. Using the awl, poke 4 holes on each side of the graphite pom. Using the tiniest dab of hot glue on the end of the wire, push a leg in to each of the holes.
2. For the face, take a tiny wisp of white roving and roll it like a ball in your hand. Place it on the face of the spider and needle felt both whites on for eyes. Using the same technique add a tiny black pupil to complete the eye. Next take a wisp of black and roll it like a snake in your hands. Now needle felt that on into the shape of a smile for your spider.
1. Using the pattern, trace the bat wing shape on the Black glitter felt.
2. Using hot glue, place the wings in the center of the large pom. Next pinch the bat wing near the body and add a dab of glue to keep it pinched and slightly wrapped forward on each side. Alternatively, cut out 2 separate bat wings and cut a small slit in the side of the Pom. Then insert the wings into the sides of the Pom with some hot glue along the edge to secure it in the hole.
3. For the face, take a tiny wisp of white roving and roll it like a ball in your hand. Place it on the face of the bat and needle felt both whites on for eyes. Using the same technique add a tiny black pupil to complete the eye. Next take a wisp of black and roll it like a snake in your hands. Now needle felt that on, making triangular points on each side for fangs and a mouth.
4. Next, make the ears. Cut out two small ear shapes with Graphite felt. Along the flat base add a tiny spot of hot glue and pinch it together to form a cupped shape. Next add some hot glue to the bottom of the ear and adhere it to the top of the bat's head.
Place these spooky spiders and adorable bats anywhere you could use a little festive Halloween decor! Happy Halloween from Benzie!