One of the things we love about Benzie's wool blend felt selection is the vibrant colors! This tutorial is a celebration of color and fun and favorite things! We are delighted to have Maker Team members Andrea and Paola of @dapperanimals show us how to make this festive felt banner. It's guaranteed to brighten up any space and quite possibly make you thirsty.
We are Andrea and Paola, the creative sister duo from Dapper Animals, and we LOVE drinking bubble tea! That’s why we chose Bubble Tea as the theme for Andrea’s birthday party this year. One of our favorite decorative elements of the party was this bubble tea felt banner. The banner is very easy to make and it adds an extra bit of whimsy. If you also love bubble tea, this tutorial is for you!
Skill Level: Beginner
Time: 1-2 hours
One 9x12 sheet of Peony Wool Blend Felt
One 9x12 sheet of Grapefruit Wool Blend Felt
One 9x12 sheet of Flamingo Wool Blend Felt
One 9x12 sheet of Linen Wool Blend Felt
One 9x12 sheet of Dandelion Wool Blend Felt
One 9x12 sheet of Lemonade Wool Blend Felt
One 9x12 sheet of Brown Wool Blend Felt
Disappearing Ink Marking Pen
Felt Bubble Tea PDF Pattern (click to download)
1. Download the Bubble Tea PDF pattern above. Print onto cardstock and cut out pieces.
2. Trace pattern pieces onto the felt color labeled in the pattern. Repeat this process tracing the cup and small circle (bobas) shapes onto additional felt colors to mix and match. Cut out felt. Grab some circle felt-fetti to make an extra quick bobas!
3. Trace the backing pattern piece onto white cardstock and cut out.
4. Glue the felt pieces onto the cardstock beginning with the straw, cup and lid (in that order.)
5. Lastly, glue the eyes, smile, and bobas onto the felt bubble tea. Repeat for each cup you want on your banner.
6. Secure the ribbon to the back of the cardstock. Leave about 2 inches between each cup of bubble tea.
7. Hang your banner and drink some bubble tea!
Thanks to Andrea and Paola for designing and writing this tutorial! You can follow them on Instagram @dapperanimals or visit their website. Stay tuned for more Benzie Design Maker Team tutorials from Dapper Animals and the rest of the team!