Everyone knows that Spring is fickle. One day there are hints of green - the next day snow. Stop waiting for her to make up her mind and let's make some Spring of our own! Maker Team member Hillary of @wee_wonderfuls has designed the most beautiful decoration featuring tulips and Benzie's Secret Garden wool blend felt palette. Mother Nature is going to be so jealous!
Celebrate Spring with a bold sign of approval. The Pennsylvania Dutch Hex sign cheers up any barn it adorns. You can make a smaller, softer version with wool blend felt for your Spring decor.
Skill Level: Beginner
Time: 2 hours
Tulip Hex PDF Pattern (click to download)
1. Print out the Tulip Hex PDF pattern above. Cut out the large circle backing first. Trace the pattern piece onto the felt color you like from the Secret Garden palette.
2. Continue by cutting out pattern pieces, largest to smallest, and tracing them onto the felt color of your choice. Cut out felt.
3. Sew felt pieces to the background circle around the outer edges using 3 strands of matching floss and a whip stitch.
4. When you've finished stitching the felt pieces, cut a slightly smaller felt circle for the backing. Sew a little loop with embroidery floss into the back layer to use for hanging. Glue the felt backing onto the hex.
5. Admire your work and eat chocolate eggs.